Spread spectrum digital communication
The block diagram of spread spectrum digital communication is shown in above fig. the basic elements of a spread spectrum digital communication system with a binary information sequence at its input at the transmitting end and its output at the receiving end.
Functions of each block:
- Channel encoder : The channel encoder adds some redundant bits to the input bit sequence in properly defined format.
- Pseudorandom generator : It produced a pseudorandom or pseudonoise binary valued sequence.
- Modulator : Pseudonoise (PN) binary valued sequence is impressed on the transmitted signal at modulator.
- Channel : Medium through which signal travels towards receiver.
- Demodulator : The impressed PN sequence removed from the received signal at the demodulator.
- Channel decoder : The decoder at the receiver uses the coded bits to reconstruct error free accurate bit sequence and reduce the effects of channel noise and distortion.