Aniline point or aniline value of a lubricant is the minimum temperature at which equal of aniline and lubricant under test from a homogeneous solution.
Determination of aniline point
- 15 mL each of aniline and lubricant under test is taken in a glass tube.
- The thermometer and stirrer are fitted to the tube through double holed rubber cork.
- The set up is hearted in a paraffin bath with continuous stirring.
- Hearting and stirring is continued until a homogeneous solution is formed.
- The mixture is slowly cooled and the temperature at which both liquids separate is noted as the aniline point.