There are some advantages of air core inductors are given below,
- The air core inductor is simple in construction.
- The air core inductor does not depend upon the value of current it carries and also eliminates the iron losses from magnetic core.
- It has no core losses at high frequencies.
- The air core inductor is cheap.
There are some disadvantages of air core inductors are given below,
- The inductors of high inductance value are not possible.
- It is in large size.
- The number of turns in a coil necessary to achieve the same inductance that would occur in a solid-core inductor.
- Its Q factor is low.
Air core inductors