There are some advantages of direct coupled amplifier which are given below,
- The direct coupled amplifier has a excellent frequency response.
- The circuit cost is low because the absence of expensive coupling components.
- The circuit is very simple because it uses a minimum number of resistors.
- It can amplify very low frequency signals down to zero frequency.
There are some disadvantages of direct coupled amplifier which are given below,
- The direct coupled amplifier cannot amplify high frequency signals.
- Its output is not drifting less.
- The output changes with the time and change in supply voltage.
- It has poor temperature stability, due to this its operating point shifts.
- At low frequencies capacitor fail and act like a short circuit.