There are some advantages of thermistor which are given below.
- The thermistor has fast response over narrow temperature range.
- It is small in size.
- Contact and lead resistance problem not occurred due to large resistance.
- It has good sensitivity in NTC region.
- Cost is low.
There are some disadvantages of thermistor which are given below.
- The thermistor need of shielding power lines.
- The excitation current should be low to avoid self heating.
- It is not suitable for large temperature range.
- The resistance temperature characteristics are non linear.