The general specification of digital voltmeter are given below,
- Input range : The digital voltmeter has automatic range selection facility. The input range is from ± 1 V to ± 1000 V.
- Accuracy : The accuracy is about ± 1 percent for a 3 digit digital voltmeter and ± 0.0002 percent for a 6 digit digital voltmeter.
- Speed : A digital voltmeter can digitize the signal with a speed of about 1 milisecond.
- Resolution : The resolution is one part in 106.
- Stability : 0.002 of the reading for 24 hours.
- Input resistance : The input resistance is typically 10 MΩ.
- Input capacitance : The input capacitance is typically 40 pF.
- Output signal : The digital outputs are in the form of four line binary code.