There are some advantages of electromagnetic flow meter which are given below,
- The electromagnetic flow meter provides rapid response to flow changes.
- It provides linear wide range.
- Measuring range setting can be optimized.
- It has ability to measure reverse flow.
- No additional pressure drops.
- No obstruction is created to flow.
- It is mainly suitable for hydraulic solid transport.
- It is unaffected by changes in temperature, density, viscosity, concentration and electrical conductivity.
There are some disadvantages of electromagnetic flow meter which are given below,
- It is not suitable for low velocity.
- It is more expensive.
- It is suitable for fluids having conductivity greater than 20 micro ohm/cm.
- Gas inclusion cause errors.
Electromagnetic flow meter