Advantages of thermal power plant are:
- Thermal power station has less initial cost as compared to hydro-electric generating station.
- It requires less space as compared to the hydro-electric power station.
- The fuel cost is less as compared to gas.
- Hung amount of power can be generated by TPS.
- The cost of generation is less as compared to diesel power station.
Disadvantages of thermal power plant are:
- The running cost of thermal power station is more as compared to hydro power station.
- It pollutes the atmosphere due to production of large amount of smoke and fumes.
- Maintenance cost is more.
- Skilled persons are required for erecting and maintaining the power station.
- Land requirement is more for storage of coal and ash.
Thermal power plant