Advantages, disadvantages and application of crystal oscillator
Category: Electronics Articles
25 Apr 17
There are some important advantages of crystal oscillator are given below,
- The crystal oscillators have very high frequency stability.
- The crystal oscillator is possible to obtain very high precise and stable frequency of oscillators.
- It has High frequency of operation.
- It has very low frequency drift due to change in temperature and other parameters.
- The Q is very high.
- It has Automatic amplitude control.
There are some important disadvantages of crystal oscillator are given below,
- These are suitable for high frequency application.
- Crystals of low fundamental frequencies are not easily available.
There are some important application of crystal oscillator are given below,
- The crystal oscillators are used in the frequency synthesizers.
- It is used in special types of receivers.
- It is used in radio and TV transmitters.
- It is used as a crystal clock in microprocessors.