There are some important advantages of RC phase shift oscillators are given below,
- It is useful for frequencies in the audio range.
- Simplicity of the circuit.
- They have a wide range of frequency.
- The RC phase shift oscillator gives good Frequency stability.
- The output of this circuit is sinusoidal that is quite distortion free..
- It is suitable for lower frequencies and this lower limit exists in as low as 1 Hz.
- RC phase shift oscillators don’t require any negative feedback and stabilization arrangements.
There are some important disadvantages of RC phase shift oscillators are given below,
- RC phase oscillators are hard for the Circuit to start oscillations.
- The output is small because of the smaller feedback.
- The RC phase shift oscillator requires high Vcc. For large feedback.
- Poor frequency stability.