Advantages, disadvantages and applications of radiation pyrometer
Category: Electronics Articles 15 Jul 17
There are some advantages of radiation pyrometer which are given below.
- The radiation pyrometer has high output and moderate cost.
- It has ability to measure high temperature.
- It has fast speed response.
- It has good stability.
- It has no physical contact with target of measurement.
There are some disadvantages of radiation pyrometer which are given below.
- The radiation pyrometer is complex in nature.
- It has non linear scale.
- It has possible errors due to pressure to intervening gases or vapours that absorb radiation.
- Emissivity of target material affecting measurement.
There are some important applications of radiation pyrometer which are given below.
- The radiation pyrometer is used for temperature above the physical operating range of thermocouples.
- It is used for measurement of temperature in exhaust, flues etc. in heating system.