Advantages and disadvantages of IrDA (Infrared red data association)
Category: Electrical Articles
1 May 17
There are some advantages of infra red data association (IrDA) which are given below,
- The IrDA has point to point communication.
- It has line of sight with narrow angle of 30 degree cone.
- It has low cost.
- The data rate of up to 4 Mb per second can be achieved.
- It transferred data up to one meter.
- It has low power consumption and less expensive.
- It is more secure.
There are some disadvantages of infra red data association (IrDA) which are given below,
- The area for data transfer is very less.
- Have to keep the device stable when transferring data.
- Used for very short distance applications only.
- Due to line of sight communication is blocked by obstacles.
- It allow one device at a time.