The applications of bio-degradable lubricants are as follows-
Vegetable oils: They are used for
- Lubricants sawmill blade.
- Chain drive lubrication.
- In low to medium pressure hydraulic systems.
- Lightly loaded gear drives (operating temperature is more than 600) and water contamination are less.
Polyalphaolefins: They are used as
- Hydraulic and engine oils in cold – climate high hydraulic pressures.
- Gear lubricants due to their ability to provide lower operating temperatures and lower lubricants due to their ability to provide lower operating temperature and lower coefficient of friction.
Dieters: They are used as
- Lubricants for compressors and turbines.
Polyglycols: They are water solubility due to their polar nature.
- In preparing lubricating emulsions.
- As lubricants where lubricants should not persist after its use.