Advantages of traffic control signals on the road
- Traffic control signals provide for an orderly movement of traffic.
- They help in reducing the frequency of an accident of some special nature i.e. of right angles accidents.
- They intercept heavy traffic to allow other traffic to cross the road intersection safety.
- They provide authority to the drivers to move with confidence.
- They control the speed of vehicles on main as well as on secondary roads.
- They direct traffic on different routes without excessive congestion.
- The provide economy over manual control at the intersection.
The disadvantage of traffic control signals on the road
- Traffic control signals may result in a re-entrant collision of vehicles.
- They may cause a delay in the quick movement of traffic.