The following are cause of accidents on roads
- Deficiency in roads i.e. improper geometrical design, poor alignment, blind intersections, in adequate traffic control devices etc.
- Defective vehicles i.e. faulty brakes, poor lights faulty steering etc.
- Violation of traffic rules i.e. excessive speed, driving on side, crossing the road by pedestrians at places other than presided poor reaction by the drives under the influence of drinking of wine etc.
- Surprise happenings such as charging timing of signals without any indication
- Bad weather and road condition
- Obstructed vision
- Advanced age of drivers
- Disobeying the signals
- Lack of proper lighting, specially on road intersections
Accidents on roads