- If as noted earlier when details of manufacturer’s original winding are preserved the core can be made ready for rewinding.
- The points which will remain same as those of original windings are:
- Coils pitch
- Turns/ coils
- Changes which can be made in order to increases efficiency of the motor are :
- Reductions in length of coil extensions.
- Increases in the size of wire in each coil.
Reductions in length of coils extensions :
Purpose of coil extensions is only to connect active conductors inside the slot and it consists of inactive copper.
Increases in the size of copper
Increased size of conductors copper helps for
- Reducing I2R losses.
- Maintain or improve efficiency after rewinding has been done.