There are some advantages of optical pyrometer which are given below.
- The optical pyrometer is useful for high temperatures.
- It is useful for monitoring the temperature of moving object and distant objects.
- It has good accuracy.
- No need for contact with target of measurement.
- It is light in weight.
There are some disadvantages of optical pyrometer which are given below.
- The accuracy may be affected by dust, smoke and thermal background radiation.
- The optical pyrometer is not useful for measuring the temperature of clean burning gases that do not radiate visible energy.
- It is more expensive.
- It causes human error.