Advantages and disadvantages of a transistor shunt regulator
Category: Electronics Articles
15 Apr 17
- The transistor shunt regulator has a good efficiency for small load currents.
- It has ease to reject short circuit.
- The voltage regulation is good.
- It has constant DC output voltage.
There are some disadvantages of a transistor shunt regulator are given below,
- It has poor efficiency for large load currents.
- It has high output impedance.
- The output DC voltage is not absolutely constant because both VBB and VZ voltages decrease with increase in room temperature.
- The DC output voltage cannot be changed easily as no such means is provided.
- It can be used for large currents loads.