Advantages and applications of polyphase rectifiers
Category: Electronics Articles 18 May 17
There are some advantages of polyphase rectifiers which are given below,
- It has a large amount of power, usually greater than 2 kW.
- Its efficiency is greater than as compared to single phase rectifier.
- The ripple factor is reduced in case of polyphase rectifier.
- It facilitates higher PIV (peak inverse voltage).
- The polyphase rectifier provides highest TUF (transformer utilization factor).
There are some applications of polyphase rectifiers which are given below,
- The polyphase rectifier is used in radio transmitters.
- It is used in electro chemical processing such as production of AI and mg.
- It is used in telephone exchange.
- It is used in electronic heaters.
- It is used in electric traction.