Advantages & disadvantages of Laser diodes
Category: Electronics Articles 17 Mar 17
The advantage of Laser diodes are given below:
- The Laser diode operates in lower power as compared to other laser.
- It gives high power output as compared to other lasers.
- Laser diode is smaller in size as compared to other types of laser.
- It is easily manufactured in arrays.
- It is the cheaper device to produce laser output.
- Laser diode has high efficiency.
Some of the disadvantage of Laser diodes is given below:
- Laser diode produce more divergent laser beam.
- They are requires big and costly optics for large source size.
- It has critical heating problem.
- They are requires high drive current to drive the large laser pellets.