Advantages, disadvantages and applications of rotameter
There are some advantages of rotameter which are given below.
- The cost of rotameter is low.
- It provides linear scale.
- It has good accuracy for low and medium flow rates.
- The pressure loss is nearly constant and small.
- Usability for corrosive fluid.
There are some disadvantages of rotameter which are given below.
- When opaque fluid is used, float may not be visible.
- It has not well in pulsating services.
- Glass tube types subjected to breakage.
- It must be installed in vertical position only.
There are some important applications of rotameter which are given below.
- The rotameter is used in process industries.
- It is used for monitoring gas and water flow in plants or labs.
- It is used for monitoring filtration loading.