Advantages, disadvantages and applications of single stage RC coupled CE amplifier
- It has wide frequency response and large bandwidth.
- It is most convenient and least expensive amplifier.
- It provides high audio fidelity.
- It has low amplitude distortion.
- It provides low frequency distortion.
- It has a tendency to become noisy with age especially in moist climate.
- The voltage gain reduces at low as well as high frequencies.
- It provides poor impedance matching and hence it cannot be used as a final stage of an amplifier.
- It is used in the initial stages of public address (PA) amplifier systems.
- It is used in stereo amplifier.
- It is widely used as a voltages amplifier.
- It is used in tape recorder, CD players, VCRs, DVD players, etc.
- It is used in radio and television receivers.