There are some advantages of electrical transducer which are given below.
- Electrical signals can be easily attenuated or amplified and can be brought up to a level suitable for various device, with the help of static device FGK.
- The power requirement of transducer is very small. The electrical system can be controlled with a small level of power.
- The electrical output of the transducer can be easily used, transmitted and processed for the purpose of measurement.
- The reduce effects of friction and other mechanical non-linearities.
- Due to the integrated circuit technology, the electrical and electronic systems are compact, having less weight and portable.
- The data transmission through mechanical means is eliminated. Thus no mechanical wear and tear and no possibility of mechanical failures exist.
- The reduce effects of mass inertia problems.
There are some disadvantages of electrical transducer which are given below.
- The electrical transducer has costly.
- While designing the circuit the effects of ageing and drifts of parameters of active components must be considered. This makes the design complicated.