There are some advantages of hall effect transducer which are given below,
- High speed operation over 100 KHz possible. Whereas at high frequencies the inductive or capacitive sensor output begins to distort.
- Non contact operation so there is no wear and friction, hence unlimited number of operating cycles.
- When packed immune to dust, air, water where as capacitive sensor may get triggered by dust.
- It can measure zero speed.
- Highly repeatable operation.
- Capable of measuring large current.
There are some disadvantages of hall Effect transducer which are given below,
- It may be affected by external interfering magnetic field.
- Large temperature drift.
- Large offset voltage.
Hall Effect Transducer