Advantages and disadvantages of successive approximation type DVM (digital voltmeter)
Category: Electronics Articles
13 May 17
There are some advantages of successive approximation type DVM which are given below,
- It is economical method of analog to digital conversion.
- The resolution is up to 5 important digits are obtained.
There are some disadvantages of successive approximation type DVM which are given below,
- Incorrect reading is obtained when the noise signal is occurred.
- The filter is used to reduce the noise signal which also reduces the total speed of operation.
- The accuracy of the whole system is depends on accuracy of digital to analog converter and accuracy of internal reference supply.
- The speed of operation is restricted. The speed is depends on which type of switches are used.
- The conversion time required for digital to analog converter.