Applications of transformer coupled amplifiers
Category: Electronics Articles 25 May 17
There are some important applications of transformer coupled amplifier which are given below.
- The transformer coupled amplifier is commonly used for amplification of RF (radio frequency) signal.
- It is mostly used for impedance matching between the individual stages.
- It is used to transfer power to the low impedance load such as loudspeakers.
- It is widely used as a voltage amplifier in the final stage of multistage amplifier.
- In order to match the impedance, a step down transformer of proper turn ratio is used.
- The transformer coupling is generally used when the load is small.
- It is mostly used for power amplification.