Classification of integrated circuits
Classification of ICs by Function The earlier classification of ICs was based on their method of construction. However, the integrated circuits can also be classified according to their general function. The two most important categories are:
- Linear Integrated circuit
- Digital Integrated circuit
Examples of linear ICs are:
- BEL CA-3020-used as multipurpose wide-band power amplifier.
- BEL CA-3065-it is a monolithic ICs which combines a multistage IF amplifier, limiter an FM detector ,an electronic attenuator, a Zener diode regulator power supply and an audio amplifier.In fact, this IC providesa high performance multistage sub-system of a TV receiver. It is availablein 14-pin dual-in –line package. Both are manufactured by Bharat Electronic Ltd., Bangalore.
- SSD 710-is a linear IC used as Differential Comparator. It is manufactured by Solid State Devices, Syed Abdullah Road, Mumbai. An example of a digital ICs is BEL 7400-is A TTL IC gate which provides designer with one of the getting logic necessary to design medium-speed digital control and data processing system. It is available in 14-pin dual-in-line plastic package.