What is generation of electrical energy?
Category: Electrical Articles 16 Jan 18
Generation of electrical energy :
- The conversion of energy available in different forms in different form in nature into electrical energy is known as generation of electrical energy.
- Energy is available in various form different natural sources such as pressure head of water, chemical energy of fuels, nuclear energy of radioactive substance etc.
- All these forms of energy can be converted into electrical energy by the use of suitable arrangement.
- The prime mover is driven by the energy obtained from various sources such as burning of fuel, pressure of water, force of wind etc.
- The steam is fed to prime mover which may be a steam engine or a steam turbine.
- The turbine converts heat energy of steam into mechanical energy which is further converted into electrical energy by the alternation.
- Similarly, other forms of energy can be converted into electrical energy.
Different method of electrical power generation are as follows :
- Thermal power stations
- Hydro power station
- Diesel power station
- Nuclear power station