The main object of the treatment processer is to remove the impurities from the raw water and bring the quality of water to required standards.
The following are the main objects at treating water
- To remove the dissolved gases, murkiness and colour of the water.
- To remove the unpleasant and objectionable tastes and odours from the water.
- To kill all the pathogenic germs, which are harmful to the human health.
- To make water fit for domestic use as cooking and washing, and various industrial purposes as dyeing, brewing, steam generation etc.
- To eliminate the tuberculation and corrosive properties of water which affects the conduits and pipes.