Building bye-laws consist of certain rules and regulation framed by a municipal or town planning or urban development board to control the development of area under its jurisdiction. The aim of framing the bye-laws is to ensure the provision of reasonable minimum requirements and standards (based on current scientific and engineering knowledge, experience, techniques and modern methods of construction) in the planning, designing and construction activities of buildings in the zone. The bye-laws are framed paying due regard to the weather conditions, Local construction practice, availability of materials, labor, and other similar factors.
The necessity of building bye laws :
- To give guidelines to the designer, architect or engineer.
- To limit or define the way the new structure is to be built.
- To control and development and to check un-authorized construction i.e. encroachment on public an private land.
- To prevent hap hard development.
- To specify the type of material to be used.
- To provide open space, air ,breeze etc.
- To offered satiety against fire, noise, and smoke etc.
- To cube the haphazard growth of towns or cities.
- To facilitate future use of land, widening of streets, controlling the ribbon development in an area.
- To reduce pollutions in the area by restricting population density in an area thereby providing the hygienic environment.
- To ensure that every in citizen will receive facilities like water supply, sanitation, ventilation, electric supply, parking, and safety.