Wind power plant the wind energy is one of the most effective renewable power and relevant technologies for its conversion in form. a wind energy conversion system is a structure that transforms the kinetic energy of the incoming air stream into electrical energy.
Wind power plant
There are two types of the wind energy conversion system.
- Variable – speed wind energy conversion system.
- Fixed- speed wind energy conversion system.
- Use the power of the wind which they turn into electricity. The speed of the wind turns the blades of a rotor (between 10 and 25 turns per minute), a source of mechanical energy.
- The wind is a source of free energy which has been used since ancient times in windmills for pumping water or grinding flour.
- The kinetic energy of the wind into mechanical energy and supplying increasing numbers of homes with clean, renewable energy.
- Available Power From the Wind :
The power P available in the wind impinging on a wind-driven generator is given by:
P = ½CAρv3
- The rotor then turns a generator which transforms the mechanical energy into electricity.