The watershed management is designed with the following objectives
- To reduce the risk designed with the following objectives.
- To control damaging runoff and degradation and thereby conservation of soil and water.
- To manage and utilize the runoff water for the useful purpose.
- To protect, conserve and improve the land of a watershed for more efficient and sustained production.
- To protect and enhance the water resources originating in the watershed.
- To check soil erosion and reduce the effect of sediment yield on the watershed.
- To moderate infiltration of rainwater.
- To improve and increase the production of timbers, fodder and wildlife resources.
- To enhance the groundwater recharge, wherever applicable.