Advantages and disadvantages of structural glazing
Category: Civil Engineering
8 May 18
- Use of glass in construction work adds beauty to the building.
- Its use fulfills the architectural view for the external decoration and beauty.
- Using glass in interior of the building saves the space inside the building.
- Glass cladding in building fulfills the functional requirement of lighting heat retention and energy saving.
- The glass is an excellent material for thermal insulation, waterproofing, and energy conservation.
- The glass is a bad conductor of heat, hence it saves energy in air conducting of the building.
- Glass cladding use appears a sense of openness and harmonious.
- Toughened glass can have a good interior design with the use of glass in the transparent staircase, colored shelves, ceiling etc.
- It is very costly and may increase the budgeted cost of construction work.
- Use of glass also enhances the cost of security.
- Its use in hilly are and desert may cause more maintenance cost.
- It is also unsafe for earthquake proven are.