There are some advantages of bourdon tube are given below,
- Bourdon tube is simple in construction.
- It is available in wide range.
- It has long life.
- It cost is low.
- Time tested application.
- Accuracy is high.
There are some disadvantages of bourdon tube are given below,
- Susceptibility to hysteresis.
- Low spring gradient (below 50 psig)
- Susceptibility to shock and vibrations.
There are some applications of bourdon tube are given below,
- The bourdon tube is used in analog pressure meter.
- It is used in many hydraulic systems.
- It is used in foot pump to in indicate pressure developed.