What is P.F tariff ?
Category: Electronics Articles 5 Jul 18
- As its names suggest, in this tariff, the power factor of the consumer load is taken into account while charging the consumer for this electricity use.
- Low power factor is in an indication of inefficient use of electrical energy.
Power factor =Active power (KW)/ Apparent power (KVA)
- It can be observed that more the power factors will decrease from unity there will be KVA demand will increase and load (KW) remain constant.
- Under poor power factor, the capacity requirement of equipment of generations, transmission and distributions is more than that of power factors.
- It causes high rating of station equipment and line losses, as well as more current, is drawn under this condition.
- It’s very necessary to run power plant at most economical power factor as it increases the utility of plant and makes use of equipment at its maximum efficiency.