There are some advantages of frequency division multiplexing(FDM) which are given below,
- It does not need synchronization between its transmitter and receiver.
- Frequency division multiplexing (FDM) is simpler and easy demodulation.
- Due to slow narrow band fading only one channel gets affected.
- It is used for analog signals.
- A large number of signals (channels) can be transmitted simultaneously.
There are some disadvantages of frequency division multiplexing (FDM) which are given below,
- It is suffers problem of cross-talk.
- It is used only when a few low speed channels are desired.
- Intermodulation distortion takes place.
- It is used to public telephones and in cable TV systems.
- It is used in broad casting.
- It is used in AM and FM broadcasting.