There are some important advantages of IEEE 802.11 are given below,
- The IEEE 802.11 is easy to installation.
- It has higher frequency range.
- It has efficient coding technique.
- The IEEE 802.11 has reduced wiring expense.
- It is less cost effective.
- Simultaneously use of equipment.
- It use unlicensed part of the radio spectrum.
There are some disadvantages of IEEE 802.11 are given below,
- It has traffic disruptions.
- Network security and the maintenance needed to stay secured.
- It is required periodic maintenance.
- Data transmitted over radio waves can be captured by any Wi-Fi ready devices in the area.
- Unauthorized use.
- It has unauthorized uses.
- Frame spoofing.
- Session hijacking.