Advantages and disadvantages of LCD (liquid crystal display)
There are some advantages of liquid crystal display (LCD) which are given below,
- The LCD can be made in large sizes of over 60 inch or 150 cm diagonal.
- It has no geometric distortion.
- It is very compact, thin, and light CRT displays.
- It does not affect by the magnetic fields.
- Due to low power consumption, small heat emitted during operation.
- It is much thinner than a CRT (cathode ray tube) monitor.
There are some disadvantages of liquid crystal display (LCD) which are given below,
- In high temperature environments there is loss of contrast.
- It is relatively bright but not suitable for very brightly environments.
- It consumed a lot of electricity which produce a lot of heat.
- It has individual liquid crystals which cannot complete all block of the backlight.
- From the viewing angle, the color and contrast not consistent.
liquid crystal display