There are some advantages of microcontroller are given below,
- Low time required for performing operation.
- The processor chips are very small and flexibility occurs.
- Due to their higher integration, cost and size of the system is reduced.
- The microcontroller is easily to interface additional RAM, ROM and I/O ports.
- Once microcontrollers are programmed then they cannot be reprogrammed.
- At the same time many task can be performed so human effect can saved.
- Without any digitals parts it can be act as microcomputer.
- It is easy to use, troubleshooting and systems maintain is simple.
There are some disadvantages of microcontroller are given below,
- The microcontroller cannot interface high power devices directly.
- It has more complex structure as compared to microprocessor.
- It only performed limited number of executions simultaneously.
- It is generally used in micro equipment.