There are some important applications of inductor are as given below,
- The inductor is used to minimize the alternating current (AC) in a circuit.
- It is used in radio transmitters and radio receivers.
- Used for allowing the flow of direct current (DC).
- To minimize the ripple voltage or ripple factor it is used in filter circuits.
- It is used in the LC resonant circuits.
- To select the frequency it is used in tuning circuits.
- Used for interstage coupling of amplifier.
- In oscillators it is used as RF choke.
- It is used in fluorescent tube lights as AF choke.
- It is used for construction of IF and RF tuning coils.