Current balancing procedure
Category: Electrical Articles 15 Jun 18
- Thick over all possible combinations of phase load changes at each 3-phase connection point for either single-phase supplies or loads.
- When all selections have been made, consider the order in which loads are connected.
- It is so as not to exclude the best combinations of load phase connections.
- The best set of connections will minimize the imbalance for each 3-phase sections of feeder between supply/load connections.
- When planning a new feeder, the supply/load phasing selection is an important factor in producing the best design.
- When balancing an existing feeder it is the need to get the required balance with the minimum number of changes to load phasing.
- To achieve this manually is a difficult experiment.