Energy conservation techniques in a fan, electronic regulators :
- Conventional fan regulators incorporated resistors in it for the speed control.
- Lesser amounts of current flows lesser amounts of current flow through fan and remaining passes through the resistor.
- On increasing the speed more current is allowed to flow to the fan which can rotate at higher speed.
- Hence at the low speed, these regulators heat up and waste the energy.
- Advanced technology available in the regulators is electronic much smaller in size as compared to the conventional electronic regulator.
- In the electronic fan, regulators triac is used for the speed variation by varying the firing angle.
- This regulator has no problem with heating thus save energy even when the fan is running at low speeds.
Exotica fan speed regulators
Two types of electronic regulators such as:
- Movable type
- Step type
- Movable type these are the regulator which move smoothly and don’t include any stepped operation.
- Better then electrical regulator through suffers from heating of due distortion to the movement of the motor.
- Most efficient type and lesser distortion to the movement of the motor so level less heat.