What is extraction condensing steam turbine
Category: Civil Engineering 9 Jul 18
- Steam can be obtained at each stage of the multi-stage turbine.
- Extracted steam can be used to meet the demand of process consumer at an intermediate pressure and left over to the condenser.
- At condenser, steam is condensed into feel water which ultimate returns to boiler again to reuse.
- Condensate extractions pump obtains condensate from the hot well and after desecration boiler feed pump carries it is a boiler.
- Electrical power is independent of the thermal load as steam is regulated properly through the turbine.
- High / low-quality fuel can be used.
- Suitable when steam demand is varying in nature.
- Higher capital cost.
- Suffers from low fuel efficiency.
- Condensing steam turbine demand high water cooling.
- Environment impact on the use of low-quality fuel.
- Complicated foundations so increased the cost of civil constructions.