What are the features of PCI (peripheral component interconnect) bus?
Category: Electronics Articles 8 May 17
There are some important features of PCI bus are given below,
- Singling Environment : Support both 3.3 and 5 volt signaling environments.
- Reliability: It offers the ability to replace modules without disturbing a system’s operation called as hot plug and hot swap.
- Speed: It can transfer up to 132 MB per second.
- Configurability : The ability to configure a system automatically means automatically identify the interfacing systems and assigns new addresses.
- Synchronous bus architecture : PCI is a synchronous bus where data transfer takes place according to a system clock.
- 32 and 64 bit addressing : The PCI bus also supports 64 bit addressing with the same 32 bit connector.
- Large bandwidth : It can handle both 32 bit as well as 64 bit data hence the maximum bandwidth will be 132 MB per second.