The mechanism which is used for raising and lowering heavy loads to the desire height by using comparatively small effort is called as hoist mechanism.
It is mostly operated with a system of pulley and gears (either manually or mechanically) using power electric supply or fuel.
Hoist mechanism Uses
- Hoist mechanism is particularly used at construction work for loading and unloading of materials.
- Frequently, it is used for lighting of materials in bulk quantities at various sites. e.g. dams, multi-storeyed building, bridges, docs etc
Hoist mechanism is used in following hosting machine –
- Various types of cranes.
- Weston differential pulley blocks.
- Screw jack or hydraulic jack.
- It is also used in Shovel.