A magnetic circuit may be considered as path followed by the magnetic flux. A rectangular core of magnetic material is wounded with N turn of a coil carrying a current of I amperes.
Types of magnetic material are wounds with N turn of a coil carrying a current of I amperes.
Types of magnetic circuit
- Series magnetic circuit
- Parallel magnetic circuit
Series magnetic circuit
- The same flux ∅ passes through all the parts of the series magnetic circuit.
- The total reluctance of the series magnetic circuit is the sum of the reluctances of the series- connected parts of the magnetic circuit.
- The total mmf is equal to the sum of the mmfs required for the individual parts of the series magnetic circuit.
The series magnetic circuit are classified as:
- Simple series magnetic circuits
- Composite series magnetic circuit
Parallel magnetic circuit
- A parallel magnetic circuit has the same mmf appearing across all the parallel parts.
- The total is the sum of the fluxes in the individual parallel parts of the magnetic circuit.
- ∅= ∅1+∅2
- The reciprocal of the effective reluctances is equal to the sum the reciprocals of the reluctances of the individual parallel parts.
- 1/S =1/(S1)+1/(S2)