The main objectives of rainwater harvesting are
- It means capturing rain where it falls or capturing the runoff in your own village or town. And taking measures to keep that water clean by not allowing polluting activities to take place in the catchment.
- Reducing loss of water by its running –off.
- Avoiding flooding of roads.
- Meeting the demands of increasing water.
- Reducing groundwater contamination.
- Increase available water during dry season.
- Rainwater harvesting is a way of capturing and storing water during rainy periods for use in times when there is little to no rain available.
- Reduce flooding and erosion.