- Transportation means the movements of the people and material from one place to transportation engineering is the branch of civil engineering which deals with the study, design and construction of roads, railway, bridges, tunnels, waterways, seaways and airways.
- A good system of transportation is very essential for the rapid economic, industrial and cultural growth of a country.
- As blood transportation through arteries of the body is essential for human welfare, for the rapid growth of a country, good network of communication is essential. It is the backbone of the overall progress of the country.
The reality is that transportation plays a broad role in shaping economies. Transportation:
- Supports clusters and agglomerations
- Increases productivity
- Enhances jobs and labour market accessibility
- Opens new markets for businesses
- Enhances supply chain efficiency