What are liquid lubricants?
Category: Electrical Articles 7 Jun 18
Liquid lubricants are liquids that separate and reduce friction between two moving surfaces and decrease wear and tear.
The properties of good liquid lubricants are as follows
- Properties of oiliness.
- Appropriate viscosity and should not change appreciably with a change in temperature.
- Resistance to oxidation.
- High thermal stability and should be able to dissipate heat quickly.
- High flash and fire points.
- Low acid value and carbon residue.
- High viscosity index adequate viscosity.
- Should not dissolve water, dirt rubber seals etc.
- Should not corrode machinery.