- Whenever there is a relative motion between a conductor and magnetic field emf will be induced in the conductor.
- The conductor moves relative to the field and induced emf is called dynamically induced emf.
- Fleming left-hand rule is used to know the direction of the current in the conductor Dc generator operates on the principal of dynamically induced emf in the conductor.
- According to faraday ’s low, whenever there is a change in flux, emf induced in the coil.
- In DC generator, when armature winding is rotated by a prime mover, flux linked with it changes and emf is dynamically induced into armature winding.
- It works based on the principle of Faraday law of electromagnetic induction.
- This EMF can be generated when there is either relative space or relative time variation between the conductor and magnetic field.
- Generators are basically coils of electric conductors, normally copper wire, that is tightly wound onto a metal core and is mounted to turn around inside an exhibit of large magnets.
- An electric conductor moves through a magnetic field, the magnetism will interface with the electrons in the conductor to induce a flow of electrical current inside it.